Enlightenment 17 Still Moving Right Along

Posted by jayrfink on Jan 18, 2009 3:17 AM EDT
LXer Linux News; By Jason R. Fink
Mail this story
Print this story

It has been awhile since anyone has posted any updates about e17 (myself included). The enlightenment project is still moving along at good speed. The window manager for enlightenment - simply called e - is stable. I have been using it constantly since 2004 as my X desktop on both Linux and FreeBSD without any issues. What many users may not know is how much over the last year or so has risen up around enlightenment.

It has been awhile since anyone has posted any updates about e17 (myself included). The enlightenment project is still moving along at good speed. The window manager for enlightenment - simply called e - is stable. I have been using it constantly since 2004 as my X desktop on both Linux and FreeBSD without any issues. What many users may not know is how much over the last year or so has risen up around enlightenment.

Enlightenment 17 is actually all of the enlightenment system meaning not just a window manager but including libraries and independent applications that have sprung up around the enlightenment system. In addition to all of the applications there are many people already creating themes for the enlightenment environment. Although there are not as many as say art.gnome.org - the list grows. The project has two main sites:

• The enlightenment exchange: This is where applications, application themes, login themes, splash screens and border themes can be downloaded.
  • Enlightenment.org: Where general news about development and obtaining enlightenment can be found.

Not only is e interesting as an X window environment it has also been ported to a variety of small handheld devices. So go check it out and enjoy.

Regards, Jay

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Announcements, Editorial; Groups: Enlightenment, Linux

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
It only friggin' rox helios 0 1,943 Jan 18, 2009 12:42 PM

You cannot post until you login.