LXer@FOSDEM 2010: Anyone else going?

Posted by hkwint on Feb 5, 2010 8:42 AM EDT
LXer Linux News; By H.Kwint
Mail this story
Print this story

LXer Feature: 05-Feb-2010

Tonight FOSDEM 2010 starts with the beer event, and tomorrow the main conference starts. It's held again at the University 'ULB' in Brussels south-east (near the embassies) in Belgium.

Just like last year, LXer will be there. I will try to go both days to cover some talks for you. The schedule promises some interesting talks like that of Greg Koah Hartman, another talk about the RepRap 'cheap' 3D printer that prints its own parts. There's also a Mozilla-room, a distro-room, an embedded room. a KDE and a Gnome room, the Drupal room, the 20-minute Lightning talks which could be about anything and many more.

Tonight FOSDEM 2010 starts with the beer event, and tomorrow the main conference starts. It's held again at the University 'ULB' in Brussels south-east (near the embassies) in Belgium.

Just like last year, LXer will be there. I will try to go both days to cover some talks for you. The schedule promises some interesting talks like that of Greg Koah Hartman, another talk about the RepRap 'cheap' 3D printer that prints its own parts. There's also a Mozilla-room, a distro-room, an embedded room. a KDE and a Gnome room, the Drupal room, the 20-minute Lightning talks which could be about anything and many more.

Like last year, I'll be wearing my LXer badge. And because I'm pretty out of money, I'll be covering the event using a paper notepad and pencil again. If you're also going there, let me know, maybe we could meet. If not, I hope you'll enjoy our covering. Stay tuned, the article will arrive somewhere next week.

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Announcements, Editorial, LXer Features; Groups: Community, Debian, GNOME, GNU, KDE, Kernel, Linux, LPI, LXer, Mozilla, OpenOffice.org

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Live from Brussels hkwint 81 5,619 Feb 26, 2010 7:29 AM

You cannot post until you login.