Exclusive Presidential Debate Preview!

Posted by Andy_Updegrove on Aug 5, 2015 3:48 PM EDT
ConsortiumInfo.org Standards Blog; By Andy Updegrove
Mail this story
Print this story

A couple of years ago, LXer readers followed the first dozen chapters of my second cybersecurity thriller. Now it's done, and the fictional events I dreamed up are (again) already happening in the real world. Yikes!

Readers of my first book, called The Alexandria Project, know that most of what I concocted in that supposedly fictional work turned out to be eerily prophetic. Events that I had made up out of whole cloth began occurring, one after another. And why not? They were all based on genuine, underlying geopolitical realities. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised, then, when events from my second book, called The Lafayette Campaign, a Tale of Deception and Elections, began happening almost immediately after I released it. Like what? Well, like incredibly improbable candidates for president of the United States immediately jumping to the top of the polls, while credible candidates languish (Donald and Jeb, take notice). We’ll have to wait and see whether the explanation in real life is the same as the one in the book.

In the spirit of public service for those who may be unable to watch tomorrow's kick-off debate, I therefore post below the chapter from my new book where I describe the first squaring off of my fictional cast of presidential candidates. I’ll leave it to you to decide on Friday morning whether the real, or the fictional, candidates are more outrageous.

Full Story

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Humor

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Book plug on a Linux newsfeed? NoDough 0 1,639 Aug 5, 2015 3:53 PM

You cannot post until you login.