LXer.com Announces New Improved Format:

Posted by PaulFerris on Apr 1, 2005 6:21 AM EDT
LXer.com; By Paul (FeriCyde) Ferris
Mail this story
Print this story

In an effort to be more competitive with other Linux news sites, LXer.com has improved the site interface and added more visually appealing graphics and advertising. Editors Note: The author of this story (Paul Ferris) wishes to apologize to the members of the Linux Community that were unintentionally offended by this article.

This article has been pulled and replaced with the text you are reading now. In hind-sight, the motivation for the April fools joke was a commentary on the industry, using Linux news sites as an example. Unfortunately, this one went a bit further on the personal front, by association, than was initially intended. This fosters an anti-cooperative spirit, one that the author (Paul Ferris) does not wish to propagate in the Linux community.

"While pranks and jokes can be a lot of fun, this offense was not intended. I have spoken directly with one of the offended, and his gentle insight into the matter have opened my eyes. I will do my best not to let this happen again." --Paul Ferris 10/10/2005

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Announcements; Groups: Community, LXer

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Darn. dinotrac 13 2,768 Apr 4, 2005 4:35 AM

You cannot post until you login.