A Newbie's Take on Xandros Deluxe Edition 3.0

Posted by dave on Jun 24, 2005 1:14 PM EDT
DesktopOS.com
Mail this story
Print this story

Well my laptop's fan has died, and no way it seems for this newbie to take the laptop apart and get a new one put in. Luckily, a friend had a computer for sale, and I bought it. Tried to install Lycoris on it (which was on my laptop), but the install would not would not go work, could get the screen up initially, but not after the reboot. Originally, this computer has XP on it, and had a problem with no sound. Had a friend come over, and he reinstalled XP; still no sound. That was when I discovered that I had plugged the wires into the wrong spot on the computer. Well XP, upon start up, had one trojan and about 3 viruses on it. That was when I started to use knoppix 3.6, which was given to me. It worked fairly well, but I couldn't quite figure out how to install it. So had a system on which Lycoris wouldn't boot, knoppix on a live cd, and then Ubuntu arrived. Tried to live cd, it worked, so installed it. Liked it, and it worked nice; however, never got java to install among other things, so couldn't access some of my favorite sites.

Full Story

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: News Story

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
It's Too Late XP Baby SFN 0 910 Jun 24, 2005 1:23 PM

You cannot post until you login.