Elive: Where Debian meets Enlightenment

Posted by VISITOR on Sep 1, 2005 4:57 PM EDT
DistroReviews.com
Mail this story
Print this story

Elive is a Debian-based desktop Linux Live CD distribution with the Enlightenment window manager, version 17. On Tuesday Elive 3.0 was released to the public.

DistroWatch reported the details about this release, 'Elive is a Morphix-based Linux live CD designed for fans of the Enlightenment desktop environment. Version 0.3 is the project's first stable release: "Elive 0.3 released. This version includes hard disk installation, NVIDIA driver, the possibility to compile and install any program in the live CD system or install any extra package on the fly, stable and fully configured environment. With this version installed on the hard disk, you have an option to upgrade to another version with a simple apt-get upgrade." Also includes support for several languages, the second beta of OpenOffice.org 2.0, and the latest Enlightenment 17 straight from its CVS repository.' The Elive 3.0 package list can be found here.

I was very excited to try Elive when it was initially released as Elive Beta 1 in mid July, as I was an Enlightenment user in the early Linux days. I thought Elive Beta 1 was cool but Enlightenment itself was not much different from what I remember from a few years back. Check out these Elive Beta 1 screenshots. Once again Elive got my attention as 3.0 uses the latest version of Enlightenment. This release is guaranteed to move many Linux users to Enlightenment and restore faith in this top-notch window manager.

Read more at distroreviews.com.

Nav
» Read more about:

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
e17 really is superb SFN 2 2,972 Sep 6, 2005 5:57 AM

You cannot post until you login.