ZDNet UK Goes Too Far to Get Hits with Cheap Shot

Posted by tadelste on Oct 27, 2005 11:58 PM EDT
Lxer; By Tom Adelstein, Editor in Chief
Mail this story
Print this story

Stephen Shankland wrote an article entitled: 'Desktop Linux 'like teenage sex'. (sic) And while the underlying article appeared up to scale, the headline doesn't belong in the technical press.

Stephen writes: "Computing customers are increasingly rejecting proprietary products that lock them to a particular technology supplier, Red Hat chief executive Matthew Szulik said on Wednesday."

"Customers are saying they want independence: 'I'm tired of one or two vendors that have a knee on my throat,'" Szulik said in a discussion on stage at the Vortex conference in San Francisco.

Red Hat chiefly sells Linux, but it's moving to higher-level software such as application servers to run Java programs or directory software to manage digital identities. And it's keeping its open-source-only approach as it makes the move.

You can find the rest of the article at http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39233871,00.htm.

I'm still trying to find out what Shankland's headline has to do with the article. Perhaps Stephen should apply for a job with Howard Stern's production company as a writer for hire. Hey Stephen we're all entitled to a mustake (sic) and if your boss top edited you, I hope he or she gets a nice reward from Microsoft.

We generally put your articles on the wire, but I had to find a way to get the substance on the board without flashing your lousy headline.

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: News Story; Groups: Microsoft, Red Hat

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Untitled mattj 1 1,343 Oct 28, 2005 3:19 AM

You cannot post until you login.