It's Microsoft Tax time again.

Posted by tadelste on Jan 14, 2006 8:15 PM EDT
The mind of Sal Paradise; By Sal Paradise
Mail this story
Print this story

It's nearly time folks, are you excited? That's right, the "new" version of Windows is almost upon us and down at Redmond the coffers are being readied. Microsoft are getting ready to collect another pile of money from your children, your governments, your hospitals and your paycheck.

Vista is nearly here. It's got new wizzy bits and er, new wizzy bits and er, transparent toolbars (?) and they've redesigned the interface for Office in a special attempt to disorientate you.

Here it comes, can you hear the sighs and moans of cash strapped schools and public bodies? The despairing IT Managers contemplating replacing all the computers in order to make sure Windows-Bloaty 2006 (sorry, I mean Vista) will run on their machines?

It's always a special time of year when a new version of Windows "here's another piece of crap to make me even richer" is released and I'm sure it won't be long till we hear the outraged shrieks of horror from an industry stung once again as hopeless security policies make themselves known and as the little idio(t)syncrasies appear.

Just remember in all the coming months, you won't see any of the benefit of changing to Windows-Vista because there aren't any, you're just feeding the greed of Redmond.

[ED- I disagree about the benefits. We will get all the benefits we got last time. Best , most secure windows ever. The XP Press releases will be recycled -bstadil ]

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Editorial, LXer Features; Groups: Community

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Well... It may very well BE "The most secure Winblows ever" Teron 4 2,541 Jan 8, 2006 6:59 AM
Look on the bright side: the side of the road. cr 1 2,173 Jan 7, 2006 2:59 PM

You cannot post until you login.