Will distributions like gOS bring the masses to Linux?

Posted by ReviewLinux on Nov 13, 2007 12:21 AM EDT
reviewlinux.com; By M. Perks
Mail this story
Print this story

Over the last week since my short review on gOS and the introduction of the ASUS EEE PC with it's stream line version of Xandros I have been thinking about what value this has for the Linux OS and it's familiarity to the masses.

In the mainstream world of computing I think that Linux hasnt even touched everyone in a marketing sense of the word. I keep reading artciles throughout the internet about Linux and it's reference to being "The new Kid on the block" and even words like I have mentioned "The Scarce OS". Is Linux really that scarce? I suppose if one were able to count every Linux OS that is on a computer that it would indeed not mount to much in the big picture. Of course, I am comparing this to the total market share that Windows TM must have. It's strong hold on the whole computer industry is really staggering and give Microsoft credit they are a massive media machine and they did come along at the right time and provide everyone in my opinion probably their first look atr a computer going back to the old days of MS DOS.

Full Story

Nav
» Read more about: Story Type: Editorial; Groups: Linux, Microsoft, Xandros

« Return to the newswire homepage

Subject Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
gOS and Everex can do nothing but help Steven_Rosenber 5 1,635 Nov 14, 2007 2:41 PM
Title should read.... ReviewLinux 1 1,272 Nov 13, 2007 11:05 AM

You cannot post until you login.