Author Content
zjim

Sep 02, 2004
3:43 PM EDT
Keep up the good work. :)
Void_Main

Sep 02, 2004
4:16 PM EDT
Looks like a shameless JDS book promotion by Tom to me. Tom, didn't you know JDS is dead? :)
tadelste

Sep 02, 2004
5:35 PM EDT
Void_Main: Usually people project their inner thoughts and fears about themselves on others. That's where the saying "it takes one to know one" comes from. I'm just amazed at someone who would make a comment like that on a web site about a story celebrating a remarkable person like Dave. I don't control O'Reilly and I have little influence on what they do. I asked them to publish this article because it was the most appropriate place to do so. They jumped at the chance.

I noticed your smiley face at the end and I'll just take that as sign of humor. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I hope you'll do the same.

Void_Main

Sep 02, 2004
6:07 PM EDT
Heh heh, I'm just getting you going because I know I can do it. :) It was a very good article by the way!
tadelste

Sep 02, 2004
8:36 PM EDT
That's the thing about email - it's so hard to tell when people kid around. ;)

rob

Sep 04, 2004
7:55 AM EDT
Good stuff!

Interesting read. If you haven't read it, do it. I'm still looking forward to a "skinnable" news-site, it could be like choosing a "theme" in mozilla , that (I promise) would be a killer feature (idea heard on tonight-live)!! I bet that there are talented people out there (here) that would submit skins, maybe have some polls of coolest "theme".

I have a "theme" (done by a friend here), but as I said, it would be cool to be able to choose among a couple of "skins" (a lot of ppl would submit to get on the lxer theme fame) without me having to create one self. Other than that, it's great!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!