Reeks of MS again

Story: Sender ID will survive open source snub, analysts sayTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
kwr2k

Sep 08, 2004
10:13 PM EDT
I frankly feel the article reeks of MS-bias. Since Sender ID will give MS a sort of right over email itself (well it could, if you really read about their license), the article is yet another FUD saying Oh! the OS guys don't matter at all. In fact, this head in the sand policy towards all things open-source is what points all fingers at Microsoft, IMHO.

Knowing the kind of clout MS has on media (print, internet, etc), it is hardly surprising to see more and more articles such as this cropping up ... and the most depressing thing is that they seem to appear of Linux-related sites first!

Excuse me, while I add LXer to the list that already contains the LinuxWorld site ... a.k.a. a Microsoft sponsored site seemingly posting linux related stuff! You may call me a cynic but most articles on this site are actually subtly presuading readers against use of open-source in general and linux, in particular. Don't believe me yet? Take a look at "Today's Big Story": Linux cannot compete with Longhorn.

tzafrir

Sep 09, 2004
9:18 AM EDT
From what I read in your comment you can't bear reading any article that claims something other than "Linux is great, M$ is shit". Ever hear of "know thy enemy"?

BTW: have you actually read "linux can't compete with Longhorn"? or even its abstract here? Have you wondered why it got a positive review from readers here as opposed to this article?
dave

Sep 09, 2004
9:50 AM EDT
I think that kwr2k is the kind of person who likes to complain, and does so even before he knows what he's talking about.

dave
Void_Main

Sep 09, 2004
10:01 AM EDT
Hey wait a minute. That sounds more like me. :)
pitbull143

Sep 10, 2004
5:54 AM EDT
Sender ID may survive I will sure try to avoid contributing to its survival. Here we have a company(MS) that sells products supposedly complete and operational(not just one time but every time example XP). Install it and if you do not have a hi-speed connection you have a problem, because what you purchased is far from complete or even safe. Try to manufacture a Automobile, stove, Airplane ect. sending out a finished version a year later saying I am not responsible for your problems caused by my(MS)incompetence. Now they want to do more for us, NO THANKS, the problem is that they helped or did create these problems for us and they want to charge us for support because of them.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!