Article layout..

Story: Linux support a 'black hole'Total Replies: 2
Author Content
rob

Sep 27, 2004
7:47 AM EDT
The article starts with some dude telling us that Linux distros not only lacks HW support, but doesn't even tell what HW they support. Dude continues making up stuff as he goes along. End of article some "Linux Support provider" calls BS.

It is good that the writer gives two "sides of the story", but I don't understand why the writer can't check facts for himself... Instead of: [some "Linux guy" says:....] getting a distro himself and read the contents and focus on the "Supported Hard Ware" stuff....

Basically, this article doesn't really have a "writer", it's more of : Headline: Linux support a "black hole" , Body: [let some MS certify gold partner (but let it be known that he is "independend" he actually has critic views regarding MS sales pitch) say linux sucks big time...] End Of Body: [let some Linux guy (let it be known that he makes a living of Linux) say "it's bull"]

Where do I sign up to be a "Writer"??
TxtEdMacs

Sep 27, 2004
8:45 AM EDT
I agree, if IBM, Novell and even Sun are not enough nothing would please or change the view of this writer. It's just getting old.
phsolide

Sep 28, 2004
10:36 AM EDT
In general, the US "objective" mainstream news has this flaw. No matter how dopey and fabulously wrong-headed one of the (only and always) 2 viewpoints is, the "objective" reporter has to drag in some flake that espouses the dopey and wrong-headed viewpoint, and give him/her/it equal timee.

I have a friend who believes that this occurs to avoid offending the largish number of fundamentalists in the US population. If a reporter got in the habit of calling BS on obviously absurd viewpoints, then the creationists, young-earth geologists, and Birchers would always have their viewpoints portrayed poorly - they hold stupid, stupid views. So, no reporters (or maybe no editors) call BS on anything dopey, just to look "impartial".

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!