Story Approval

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
isam

Oct 30, 2004
4:22 AM EDT
I am not sure who approves pending stories, but it seems to me that the queue is getting longer. I suggest having different people from different timezones that have the story approval level. As the site is getting more popular, it isn't nice to have new stories only in North America daytime hours.
TxtEdMacs

Oct 30, 2004
5:30 AM EDT
Seeing some of the times that Dave has posted stories, it appears he is working on a 24 hour clock.

Nonetheless, I think story approval should be approached with care. There is too much repetition now - if there is not a mechanism both to avoid duplication and to assure uniformity of judging criteria more rapid posting may become a loss.

Personally, I skip most stories, because I read the same or different versions earlier either on this site or elsewhere.
dave

Oct 30, 2004
5:44 AM EDT
There are 10 folks here with access to approve stories, but generally I'm the only one who does it. I think I've approved 99% of the stories.

And I do pop in to post stories all day long, even during the night and first thing in the morning, and in the evening after dinner. :)

I'm very picky about my editors and the kind of work they do, but am always on the lookout for folks who would like to join in the fun.

dave

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!