The NHS never did one thing right

Story: Linux takes a dose of realityTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
MESMERIC

Nov 10, 2004
5:46 PM EDT
Why should they start now?

I don't know about America but England has the most abhorrent public health system in the so-called First world. It is an extremely immoral system - I will stop now cos this will get long and off-topic.

Just one Word of caution - DON'T get ill while in England ;) Avoiding most restaurants does help.
salparadise

Nov 10, 2004
10:53 PM EDT
well maybe it's a lottery

i was in hospital recently and was cared for magnificently i cannot express the gratitude I feel for living in a country where the hospitals are free (if a little grimy) as opposed to one where 40m people don't have any access at all. Or one where the bullet holes in the wall are only outnumbered by the hopelessly ill people.

There are a lot worse places to be ill than England.
techieMoe

Nov 11, 2004
8:51 AM EDT
There are hospitals in America that (although it's technically illegal) will refuse to treat you for a condition until you've verified that you have insurance coverage. If they don't outright refuse, they'll make you sit in the waiting room until either your condition gets so bad they *must* treat you or you get fed up and leave. There's a lot to be said for free healthcare, however grimy.
MESMERIC

Nov 12, 2004
5:38 PM EDT
and I thought here was bad!

the thing is - hospital care used to be very good here but now we get scandals after scandals people being hospitalized with asthma and having a leg amputated (documents mixed up) negligent doctors I mean there was one that got a thrill of killing their patients

either that - or the English are very good at one thing: journalism so maybe what happens here - happens worldwide but the media goes that extra length to expose everything without fear.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!