Novell they meditate on their belly buttons eh.

Story: Novell CTO on hot Linux apps and closing gapsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
tadelste

Nov 11, 2004
1:31 PM EDT
I once thought Novell was omnipresent - and in 1993 they were as close as you can get. But, Alan needs to leave his office and go for a drive -- a long drive.

The bit about certain applications not being ready for prime time is a little funny. Where did I hear that before?

When you wall yourself off and rely on your (self-annointed) Linux experts, you will fail. Not that you need to do too much when you get .5 billon dollars from Mr. Bill.

The bit about the desktop - he's absolutely right on - that is about his desktop.

Bring Chris Stone back!
cjcox

Nov 12, 2004
10:57 AM EDT
Can't comment exactly on Stone's departure, though I believe it was the best thing for Mr. Stone and because of that... also for Novell.

I don't agree with everything Novell is doing, but I think you might of been a bit harsh.

I mean, I don't know of a Manugistics like package on Linux... perhaps I'm just being ignorant. What do you use? That was his example. Personally, I think that's on target.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!