Anyone care to explain this "story" to me?

Story: Linux to rumble Microsoft in 2005Total Replies: 1
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Nov 15, 2004
1:17 PM EDT
I am not criticizing this being posted, I just got lost reading it. Really wondering what the point is in reducing the cost of managing IT infrastructure means. Does he see both Windows/UNIX/Linux being equally capable options? To me he just seemed to spew sound bits that lacked coherence.

I just might understand: Buy the study! Or am I mistaken?
bstadil

Nov 15, 2004
1:34 PM EDT
It is not a story per se but rather a list of topics/ predictions that was covered at the symposium.

As such there is no thread or logical structure to it. My guess is, that this is more or less the notes the journalist made during the talk, Incl all the buz words.

I don't know how accurate the numbers are but it is always interesting when some elements within a given cost structure are growing faster than the whole. This almost always leads to new business opportunities and a realignment of the industry.

Not sure how Linux stack up in this Infrastructure management domain. It has been a targeted area by SUN for a while.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!