The gimp rules!

Story: Gimp 2.2.0 ReleasedTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
PaulFerris

Dec 26, 2004
2:23 PM EDT
I've been using it for all kinds of madness at work and home -- it's simply one of the best image maniuplation programs you can find. The fact that it's free is icing on the cake.
AnonymousCoward

Dec 26, 2004
10:56 PM EDT
Well... there are other proggies which excel in other ways, but it does exceptionally well as an all-rounder. And for many people, dropping AUD$1200 for a graphics program (twice the cost of a cheap-but-good machine) is not a viable option.

If you're using 2.0 I strongly recommend an update to 2.2 for all of the shiny new conveniences - too numerous to list - and if you don't like the new file-open dialog then either use something else and paste it into an Open/Location box or write your own dialog. That multitude of conveniences make an inordinate difference to the joy factor.
AnonymousCoward

Dec 26, 2004
10:58 PM EDT
PS, the .src.rpms from Cooker (you need a new Gtk+ too) rebuild cleanly on Mandrake 10.0; I'll put the binaries up on http://mandrake.cyberknights.com.au/10.1/ sometime later today for the terminally lazy.
AnonymousCoward

Dec 27, 2004
1:35 AM EDT
Whoops, s/10.0/10.1/ - the RPM requires a later glibc than 10.0 possesses.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!