Btw

Story: EV1Servers sponsors Fedora Forum HostingTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
incinerator

Jan 17, 2005
10:13 AM EDT
EV1Servers is one of the few companies who actually purchased an antidot-license from SCO.
HappyTux

Jan 17, 2005
10:42 AM EDT
They never purchased the indemification license from SCO, they had renewed their license for SCO Unix who had included it in with the renewal, then used it as FUD to make Linux look bad.
peragrin

Jan 17, 2005
11:05 AM EDT
Also note EV1 is steadily losing Linux customers. netcraft had a report on how much it was down, in the year since EV1 bought a license.

people didn't get up and leave all at once, but many are walking when they can.

This is nothing but an Olive branch to put the past behind them.
DrDubious

Jan 17, 2005
11:38 AM EDT
If you've seen recent issues of "Linux Journal", you may have noticed the ad for EV1 Servers in it. At the bottom, the ad brags of being "IP Compliant"...

Now, THAT takes some chutzpah.

I can only hope the blatant insinuation offends still more Linux users reading the ad, and they lose still more business as a result.

P.S. The "linux licenses bundled with renewal" was Computer Associates, not EV1 servers, wasn't it? I thought EV1 specifically DID pay out for "linux" licenses explicitly. (I remember doing the math on the amount paid and chuckling when I realized it worked out to around $70 per server or so - the price of buying a retail box set of most ordinary linux distributions.)
cjcox

Jan 17, 2005
12:37 PM EDT
IP Compliant ... as in Intellectual Property Compliant (sic) or as in Windows NT 4 sp4+??

(it's a joke... can't believe I have to say that)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!