Final year EGO!!

Story: Free Software in Reality Isn’t FreeTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
griswld

Jan 17, 2005
5:51 PM EDT
This is typical for a final year student that thinks he knows everything cause he read some books and learned some skills. The real world is quite different than what you have been reading about for the last few years. I suggest you actually get a Sys Admin job working with several Unixes and Linux and then maybe you would have something to say that is actually worth listening to. I usually don't take Unix advice from a MCSE anyway.

Debian, Red Hat, AIX, Sun Solaris Sys Admin. RHCE
PaulFerris

Jan 18, 2005
2:16 AM EDT
griswld: I note he never responded to the piece. Not in the talkbacks or personal email to me. I hope we didn't completely sour him on sharing his point of view ... On the other hand, if you're going to talk in public, you should be prepared for something like this.

--FeriCyde
tuxchick

Jan 18, 2005
8:24 PM EDT
"On the other hand, if you're going to talk in public, you should be prepared for something like this."

Precisely. And sign your real name, like I do.
peragrin

Jan 19, 2005
4:07 AM EDT
>>"On the other hand, if you're going to talk in public, you should be prepared for something like this."

Precisely. And sign your real name, like I do.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!