Untitled

Story: PCBurn: Cedega & Point2Play ReviewTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
salparadise

Feb 16, 2005
6:17 AM EDT
I've had a little play with cedega. It's pretty good. I've had Warcraft 3 and Medal of Honour up and running perfectly with it. (Add to this Linux's better utilisation of hardware and it's a fairly compelling mix) The list of supported games is pretty long. Well worth it if you're into gaming and think that Linux means "no windows games".
cjcox

Feb 18, 2005
10:24 AM EDT
I know I was demo'ing UT2004 on Linux before the Linux client was out... thanks to Cedega (aka Transgaming). Same with doom3 (which played flawlessly using Cedega). Pretty much all of the id stuff works using the Windows versions... of course, they're pretty good about supporting Linux.. so maybe not the best example.

Freddi Fish, Putt Putt, Spy Fox.. all work well. As does Veggie Tales Veggie Island and some of the Reading/Math Blasters. Good if you have children.

I can't get enough of Pocket Tanks. Simple games are the best games.

I have a friend that just signs up from time to time for the short term Cedega contract when he needs to get a newer version, I keep an ongoing subscription just to to show my support for what they are trying to do.

Recommended.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!