Act of desperation

Story: Larry Rosen et al. vs. OASIS on licensingTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Abe

Feb 22, 2005
5:57 PM EDT
Personally, I see this as great news. How so?

well, it just shows how desperate they have become. They have become so pathetic I almost want to cry for them. They really don't know what to do anymore.

The are trying everything and anything. They are spending money left and right but they end up empty handed every time.

They tried all the FUD they can muster by buying so called analysts, paid-for studies, twisted facts and what have you. That didn't help either, and Linux keeps flourishing.

They tried dragging FOSS into courts, no one believed them, no body cared, and it had no impact and Linux keeps multiplying.

They tried lobbying, to no avail.

Now they are trying to pollute standards by using patents to charge for them. Poor souls, are you guys going fogy? Don't you realize that we can create our own Free of any patents and free as in beer? don't you realize that the locomotive is gaining speed and momentum and no one can catch up to it to stop it?

I wonder what will you come up with next? Any way, it does not matter, because no matter what it is, your destiny is already written. May be you will survive, but at least you wont be a software company.
hkwint

Feb 23, 2005
6:08 AM EDT
Do you have any idea if the OpenOffice standards are affected by this? I mean, OASIS seemed to have taken the OpenOffice-standard (letters, spreadsheets etc) as theirs, so does this mean they're trying to let people buy for a standard they copied from OpenOffice too? People can get the same standard for free if they use OpenOffice!

Hey, and you must have noticed MS is in the OASIS-group! So this was to be expected.
devnet

Feb 23, 2005
6:59 AM EDT
Interestingly enough...IBM, HP, Oracle, Sun and Novell are in the group also. Makes you think twice about things doesn't it. For me, it makes me think twice about having anything to do with anything that these companies offer (at least at home...at work is a different story).

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!