Use your email

Story: Fox blood on the tracks?Total Replies: 5
Author Content
superjared

Feb 24, 2005
11:05 AM EDT
I sent an email to Molly telling her my exact feelings. I encourage you to do the same!

Molly,

Your stupid article states that Microsoft will destroy an open-source program. If so, then why does Linux exist? Apache? MySQL? PHP? Microsoft has an 'answer' to each one of these, but the aforementioned open-source products are still extremely successful - and have been for years.

I am under the impression that you are mentally retarded and that you should do two things: 1) Tender your resignation, and 2) seek professional psychiatric help.

Or maybe you should learn about a little thing called 'journalisitic integrity'.

Have a great day, Jared
devnet

Feb 24, 2005
11:34 AM EDT
lol...

I bet her open source powered SPAM blocker will get this one..
AnonymousCoward

Feb 24, 2005
2:19 PM EDT
superjared: http://www.datasync.com/~rogerspl/Advocacy-HOWTO.html
TxtEdMacs

Feb 24, 2005
2:26 PM EDT
Calling someone an idiot, is not the way to really influence their opinion. Be polite (I know it's hard to do!), but assume the best and work from the premise this individual is just not informed. Later it may prove to be an over optimistic assumption, but arguing logically without resort to verbal abuse has the better chance for success when dealing with an honest individual.

It also looks better when they show your communication to others not so well informed or just uncommitted. Take A.C.'s advice.
PaulFerris

Feb 24, 2005
5:26 PM EDT
And there's another dimension: Permanence.

Two years from now, when maybe that journalist has found a clue-meter that registers in the positive range, they will still have an email that makes them feel bad -- about you, no less.
phubert

Feb 25, 2005
10:23 AM EDT
sometimes silence is golden ... the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say..." what you DO have won't accomplish anything good!

I need to remind myself of that more often... :-(

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!