The SCO stock trading patterns make no sense.

Story: SCO Group admits errors in its 2004 financialsTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Mar 03, 2005
5:19 PM EDT
Recently the total trade volume has dropped below 15K, which is just above 10% of its average trade volume. [When I have checked, Red Hat had a average daily volume in the 3 million share range.]

Previously (months ago) the average trading volume was generally around 200K with a general slippage downward, for a time SCO always seemed to head in the opposite direction of its exchange, but even that pattern was lost. In that period when a large move up or down was made the trading volume for the day was easily in the 400 - 500K range. It also seemed that the short sellers and others that wanted to see the value rise where using very small volume trades near the end of the trading day to hit their respective targets. When such strategic trades missed the close they were generally in the opposite direction of the trade at the close. While I have seen large trades many seemed to be so small as to be laughable. I suspect both the short sellers and the insiders have been burned by these large illogical moves.

What surprises me is while note was taken for the seemingly favorable ruling forcing IBM to allow SCO to demand seeming unlimited code searches, only the geek segment was informed of the reasons why the judge did not grant some of the summary judgments requested by IBM. Moreover, no mention was made of the refusal to grant these motions were made without prejudice and the expressed skepticism of the judge where he noted the wide disparity between SCO's public claims and the complete lack of proof presented on any issue to the court. Once again the media has failed the public, even the NYT seems to be blind (my opinion has been that that publication has been over rated). To me this seems to be a classic case of stock value manipulation.

Finally that they might be delisted at least some traders are staying away. Nonetheless, the one analyst supposedly following the company has a "hold" rating. There used to be two with the other's view that SCO was a "sell".

What a scam this has been.
TxtEdMacs

Mar 08, 2005
1:48 PM EDT
Add this to my list of perplexities: 8th of March - a strategic move up at the effective end of the trading day for scoxe with a $0.04 to $4.05 "value". That trade was made prior to 3pm EST (exchange closes at 4pm). with total trades for the day well below 7,000.

Anyone have any idea if trading was halted? A few days ago the volume was well above 150K, with a slight loss. The only related news I have seen is that SCO's former supporting organization settled the suit brought by its former executives that financed this entire fiasco.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!