Mar 06, 2005
3:13 PM EDT
How exiting. Debian with a KDE desktop

*Yawn*
r_a_trip

Mar 06, 2005
11:43 PM EDT
How exiting. Debian with a KDE desktop

Not only that, but it looks like a stock KDE Desktop. It isn't even "Humanized".

Six months ago I probably would have gone gaga about Kubuntu, because I was of the mistaken belief that KDE was the better Desktop of the Great Two. Now, seeing that Kubuntu is still a basic KDE desktop with all its clutter, I'll just stick with Gnome 2.9. (I love running Hoary :) ).
devnet

Mar 07, 2005
8:11 AM EDT
I'll run Ubuntu when they do something astounding...until then, I'll stick with PCLinuxOS and SimplyMEPIS. Ubuntu IMHO is the biggest farse in Linux...I've tried all of the latest and greatest and it impressed me about as much as watching paint dry does. And If I want gnome...I use SimplyMEPIS, which comes gnome ready. If I want KDE, PCLinuxOS is hands down the best KDE centric desktop distro out there...5 second startups from login to splash screen to desktop. That is unprecedented. But of course, these are just my opinions :) Ubuntu might be good for everyone else out there.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!