I stopped reading when I hit this:

Story: Linux in Government: Linux Desktop Reviews, Part ITotal Replies: 2
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Mar 14, 2005
8:46 AM EDT
"n addition, Sun's pricing model for Solaris 10—free, with support sold separately and an open-source-licensed version on the way—is a bid to "out-free" Red Hat, which offers no freely available version of its enterprise distribution."

Apparently this "author" is ignorant of the "distributions" based on the RHEL, so much so that they are being contacted to remove the Red Hat trademarks so that these distributions are not confused with their (Red Hat) officially supported package. With someone so ignorant of some basic facts, how can I trust their analysis and conclusions?

Well for me, I cannot nor will I even bother to read further. Since, I have not completed the article I do not consider myself entitled to vote my opinions. Would those slogging their way through to the finish keep my complaint in mind?

14th March about 2:10 EST: My screwup, this should have been on the Sun vs. Red Hat story - please discount I did not even look at this item!!!!
tadelste

Mar 14, 2005
8:18 PM EDT
TxtEdMacs: Sun vs. Red Hat story

Are you just trolling this ignorant author? Let's see, The Real Sun vs Red Hat Story came out months ago. Please refuse to read it since Sun has made a major shift in it's strategic model and in turn gained my ire since then. BTW - I am aware of the RHEL spin offs using source code from Red Hat. I've even deployed White Box and am looking at the others.

I hope to do a review on RHEL Desktop 4.0 soon in this series. You might refuse to read that one also.

TxtEdMacs

Mar 15, 2005
6:36 AM EDT
tadelste: No just an honest screwup on my part. My mind is elsewhere with a usb flash drive not being seen and suddenly seeing this laptop is missing half its installed memory. Other than this reply, I am stifling any further comments until I get my hardware problems solved.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!