Unisys are slow, stupid dinosaurs

Story: Novell and IBM Team to Accelerate Application Development on LinuxTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
slippery

Mar 17, 2005
4:57 AM EDT
This is one of the stupidest companies I've ever worked with on a project. First, they cling to their expensive, dead proprietary mainframes 10 years after PCs took over most the server market. Then, they get in bed with Microsoft years after it was clear that Linux was surging. Look at this quote from the article:

"We are really the only mission-critical high-end Microsoft partner there is. It got to the point we were being asked for it [Linux], and we had to do it."

So, they come late to the Linux party years after the demand is there. This company is a group of followers and wannabes, not leaders. They are at the trailing end of technology and are basically clueless. I am proud to have replaced their hardware at a large customer of mine and expelled them completely at a savings of over $100k/year. Oh, and thanks for GIF patent threats a few years back. You earned lots of good will for that stunt.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!