And I thought MS is cheaper!

Story: Study shows Microsoft, Linux costs neck-and-neckTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Abe

Apr 05, 2005
7:24 AM EDT
If you look on MS site and all the ads MS has all over the internet, all we read is MS is "cheaper". I guess they are right, now we know, they mean they are cheaper in quality not in cost. Well miss Dodo, dig a little deeper and you will find that Linux cost a lot less than anything else and especially Windows but with much better quality. You still not doing your home work. I think you will eventually get it when you actually start running Linux on your desktop. Don't be afraid, the penguin wont bite you. And even if "he" does, you will never know, you might actually like it. Have a good day.
hkwint

Apr 06, 2005
10:13 AM EDT
There might be a trend, don't you think? Times are changing!

First, the Yankee group is in bed with MS and says MS is cheaper. Now, they got out of bed, and they say the prices are the same. Tomorrow, they'll get the facts and see Linux is cheaper in most cases.

Too bad for MS, they're losing Yankee as a 'friend' / 'independent researcher'.

Probably, people didn't take Yankee serious anymore?
Abe

Apr 06, 2005
12:52 PM EDT
I guess you are right, there is a trend. But I doubt it will ever get to swing far enough for them to admit that Linux cost less. I bet you the bed will get filled with high bills so quick we will never see the swing for Linux. This article was a warning and M$ is listening. It clearly says "pay up or else".

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!