Sun needs to peddle their CeeDeeDee-EL

Story: Sun slams open source bibleTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
r_a_trip

Apr 07, 2005
8:22 AM EDT
This was to be expected. Sun has a new end-game and it's called "steal leadership from FOSS by badmouthing the license of the biggest player and forcefully shove Sun's own CeeDeeDee-EL into the limelight".

Ofcourse this will piss off the largest part of the FOSS community and Sun will sink below the horizon because of their arrogance. (No community for OpenSolaris, no future for Sun) The sad part is that Sun will not fail on their technology, but on their abysmal PR. It makes them look like certifiable crackpots.

Let's hope that a truly FOSS friendly entity can pick up the corpse, once Sun starts to flatline...
PaulFerris

Apr 07, 2005
9:25 AM EDT
it always makes developers crazy about your product when you do stuff like this. I'm sure people will be flocking to add functionality to Slowlaris 10

I know it's high on my list of stuff to get started doing. Right after "clean the outside of garbage can" and before "check toilet-flushing mechanisms for impending failure in 2020".

--FeriCyde
maggrand

Apr 07, 2005
4:01 PM EDT
Who needs solaris when there are REAL free and open products out there. Take the stand now and get rid of all Java crap. and clean out SUN from the OPENOFFICE project.

Its time to take back the desktop from theifs and liers.

Magnus

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!