Sam Greenblatt

Story: Kernel Changes Draw Concern from Open-Source CommunityTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
incinerator

Apr 18, 2005
2:17 AM EDT
... requested the moon to change its colour to yellow yesterday. Strangely, the moon did not even reply.

So, we have someone from Computer Associates complaining about the kernel. Well, fair enough, he's free to do so. But why should we listen, why does the press make such a fuss about it?

Who is this Mr. Greenblatt, who is CA, what have they done for the Free Software Community, lately?

I don't know CA very well, but I know they sell anti-virus software. What operating system do you need that for? Here's a hint: not GNU/Linux.

Mebbe Mr. Greenblatt is not "interested in game drivers, and music drivers" (wtf, use proper terms mister). To bad for him, there are enough people stricken with featuritis who are. I cannot argue that a more stable kernel is a better kernel, but so what? This argument about kernel stability is just stupid FUD anyways. We are not impressed, Mr. Greenblatt.

Then the rest of the article, makes me laugh every time I read it. "Critics of the development process", aha? Well, who is it then? Mr. Greenblatt and.... Mr.Greenblatt. Anybody straight from the horses mouth mebbe? No, of course not, that would require proper research, not just some "senior vice president" (what kind of title is this anyway, does CA have a junior prime president, too?) blabbering all day about things he doesn't know a f*** about.

And in case you did not know, Xen is bad, evil and wrong. Non-free VMware is so much better. Unlike Xen, you can actually run Windows on it. That means, Mr. Greenblatt can sell so many more anti-virus licenses. More jobs, more happiness for everyone, get it now? Proprietary software is the spice melange of today. Free Software is evil, bad and wrong and of course it helps fund terrorism, was there ever any doubt about it?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!