oh yeah, I forgot...M$ will rule the world

Story: How Linux Saved MicrosoftTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
helios

Apr 18, 2005
9:14 AM EDT
Had I known I would stumble upon this "story" (read: Microsoft Promo) I would have put off my breakfast until my stomach settled. Linux, for not "being" an operating system, or anything at all for that matter, sure has Microsoft jumping thru their arses. OK...I'm gonna be flame bait here for a moment. Some of Microsoft Software is absolute genius...some of it, but regardless of how good the product is, how long can a person ignore the fact that M$ all but abandoned its users for months regarding severe security problems. I for one cannot, and I don't give a fiddler's damn about how good it is or ever will be. I will continue to learn and use my ... well what is it ... my non-operating system in the place of anything M$ provides me. Its not the cost man, for pete sakes, its the results. Long and short of it is that M$ failed, and not just me, but millions. Those who recognize this fact have voted with their wallets and will continue to do so. This Frickin' guy has no clue. I wonder if him and Ballmer will discuss his fee for this article when they play golf this weekend.

helios
incinerator

Apr 18, 2005
9:51 AM EDT
Rob Enderle, isn't that the SCO lackey who dissed groklaw?
helios

Apr 18, 2005
10:07 AM EDT
Bingo!
phsolide

Apr 18, 2005
10:26 AM EDT
Enderle also has a bur under his saddle about IBM, as many of a certain vintage have, myself included. MVS, TSO, VM/CMS, AS/400 - everything was so clunky that the mere thought of it made us all break out in hives. Some greybeards of that vintage became VMS drones, some became Unix freaks, others came to believe that MSFT saved them.

Most of us can recover from earlier neuroses, given time and counselling. Apparently Rob can't.
peragrin

Apr 18, 2005
11:24 AM EDT
Endlesslies I mean Enderle hates anything that isn't MSFT.

IBM, Apple, Linux, basically anything that isn't supported by MSFT isn't worthy of being his computer.

Of course this is the same guy who is using Windows 2005 media center edition to write his articles on 42" plasma tv because his eyes are going out of focus and it's cheaper than glasses that could break while your drunk and giving out speeches(SCOForum 2004)
SFN

Apr 18, 2005
12:42 PM EDT
"Linux only refers to the kernel which, by itself, doesn't actually do much of anything."

Just let me know when the marksmen are in position.
dinotrac

Apr 18, 2005
1:03 PM EDT
> phsolide

> AS/400 - everything was so clunky

Did you ever actually pay serious attention to the AS/400?

The AS/400 was one of IBM's most brilliant product offerings -- too brilliant for IBM's product planners, who tried to kill it for years.

I make my living in Unix, but can appreciate the nice little system that IBM put together for set-and-forget turnkey applications.

devnet

Apr 19, 2005
1:58 PM EDT
http://daringfireball.net/2003/12/enderle

The anal in analyst is right.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!