Ya done good...

Story: Review: Kubuntu 5.04 "Hoary Hedgehog"Total Replies: 0
Author Content
helios

Apr 21, 2005
5:43 PM EDT
I enjoyed Dave's review of Kubuntu. So often, when people respond to a review or a reviewer, it can be a bit snotty at best and down-right mean at the other end. Because someone does not agree with one's assessment of a product does not mean it calls for an attack. So with that said, I will mention that Dave's review was well written, thorough and obviously well researched. I just think he's full of crap concerning Kubuntu...LOL, Just kidding Dave.

I think Kubuntu represents Linux well. However, I would like to see the shortcomings of this distro brought more into the light..."come on out...we wanna get a look 'atcha." The sudo thing is a pain in the arse. The first thing I do is make a shell happen then passwd into a changed password and make the su/password thing work like in most Lini (linuxes?) I have to state here and now that I am PCLinuxOS spoiled. My Nvidia drivers and mplayer streaming works without ANY tinkering and the software inclusion in PCLinuxOS rocks. You have no universe or Multiuniverse to worry about and worry about it you should. While installing Kubuntu on my 12 year old daughter's computer, dist-upgrade hosed the system...I mean broke it good. I ended up re-installing it choosing a more conservative upgrade plan. I will keep an eye on this distro but only from time to time. Lots would have to improve before I fire Texstar.

Thank you Dave for a well written and thoughtful review. You deviated from the standard review format just enough to make it a good read while covering all the bases. I look forward to more of your work.

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!