Andrew Morton calls a spade a spade

Story: Linux kernel on the road to ruin?Total Replies: 6
Author Content
AnonymousCoward

Apr 25, 2005
5:54 PM EDT
This is a risky thing to do in front of reporters, even well-intentioned ones. Context will get pruned, Chicken Little will escape onto the front pages once more.

Something as large as the Linux kernel will have problems, and papering over those would be stupid. Andrew is very not-stupid [obTMIAHMref], and has pointed some shortcomings out - an action which will in fact help to get them fixed - but he also pointed out some improvements and the non-decay of some good stuff, too. I don't see that getting reported. )-:
tuxchick

Apr 25, 2005
6:36 PM EDT
I don't think it's so bad. Public arguments and discussions have always been a big part of f/oss developement. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the openness and accountability.
PaulFerris

Apr 26, 2005
2:23 AM EDT
tuxchick: Oh, will you *please* shut up already.

[FeriCyde ducks]
AnonymousCoward

Apr 26, 2005
2:30 AM EDT
/ME winces as FeriCyde fails to notice that tuxchick struck upwards not downwards.
dinotrac

Apr 26, 2005
3:34 AM EDT
Paulie --

Hope your recovery is coming along well. Maybe now you can fulfill that dream of yours to sing in the Vienna Boys' Choir.
PaulFerris

Apr 26, 2005
5:15 AM EDT
AC: it was sarcasm, ok?!?

sbergman27

Apr 26, 2005
6:46 AM EDT
Tuxchick,

The openness is a double edged sword. But overall, it is far more a strength than a weakness. Though occassionally, it *would* be nice to be able to opacify the open source fish bowl.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!