What is the weighting on determining how positive the rating?

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Apr 27, 2005
10:48 AM EDT
I can understand where you could give On-Topic a lower rating than Contents or how reliable the source, But with a priori rating of 66.7% negative, given equal weighting on each, how does that drop to a full 100% negative?

See vote on "Open wallets for open-source software". I have seen other instances where I was confused by the final percentage ranking, though those usually involved at least one abstention, which is harder to assess the probable weight given, if any.
TxtEdMacs

May 24, 2005
9:10 AM EDT
Still confused:

Content: I like this thread. Negative On-Topic: I like this thread. Positive Good source: I like this thread. Positive

Content: I like this thread. Abstained On-Topic: I like this thread. Positive Good source: I like this thread. Positive

for: Sun lashes out at open source J2SE

Score: [bar] (2 votes; 100% positive)

By eye and giving an a priori equal weight on each item, I would rank this at 80%. Since "Content" should be important, even throwing in the possibility of weighting, I cannot see how this could exceed 80%.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!