Olive Branch

Story: Microsoft Reaches Out to Open-Source CommunityTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Abe

May 02, 2005
9:10 AM EDT
FOSS always had Olive Branch in the left hand, especially for MS and because of its dominance. MS ignored it, then laughed at it, then they declared war against it. MS is being realistic now and they see what is coming. It wants to have peace before FOSS wins. Well, Well, Well. FOSS is open to cooperate with all because it is for all. One advice MS, the right hand of Foss has a club just for you just in case. Don't you forget that.
mojavelinux

May 02, 2005
9:19 AM EDT
There are certain people and certain organizations that are just never going to "get" it. Microsoft is one of those organizations. They can wear all the hats of open source, and they might even try on its clothes, but never will they understand why the community has those hats and those clothes. This fact is apparent just based on the premise that they want to have a sit down. Open source developers don't sit, they do. If Microsoft wants to be friends and play nice, they will just stop doing whatever it is they have been doing to throw us off. Can I think of some examples?

- blocking wine users from installing IE - switching formats of MS Office documents every release - not following the W3C proposed standards in IE - ignoring Linux and then bashing it when they could just as easily use it to their advantage (bashing technology for the sake of pride)
helios

May 03, 2005
9:20 AM EDT
- blocking wine users from installing IE - switching formats of MS Office documents every release - not following the W3C proposed standards in IE - ignoring Linux and then bashing it when they could just as easily use it to their advantage (bashing technology for the sake of pride)

Points all well made and equally taken. I don't trust these friggin' snakes any farther than I can match their checkbooks. The ruthlessness of Microsoft is well documented and if we remember nothing, we need to remember that M$ considers Linux an enemy. (Ballmers words not mine). I am personally suspect of any olive branch. My first question is, "what is it coated with?"

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!