Odd story...

Story: Open Source VS Windows: Reality of a Better ParadigmTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
sbergman27

May 04, 2005
4:38 PM EDT
Well, I support Linux thin client X desktops and I do not lock them down like the desktops in this story. But I don't manage that many desktops. I have time to deal with the people who call and say that a certain website displays "all wrong" with the words spilling over into the pictures or hidden behind the pictures. I have time to have a look and show them how they have set their font size larger than the page was designed to handle and back the font down to where the page is readable.

If I had more desktops to manage, I just might consider putting some controls on font settings. If I had a lot more desktops to manage than that, I might consider locking the home page. And if I had more than that, I might just start looking for things to control just out of spite. Fortunately, I have just enough (but not too many) desktops to manage that I can enjoy doing my part in bringing Linux to the business desktop, in my own small way. :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!