Something to look at

Story: Radical New Approach to Desktop LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Tsela

May 14, 2005
5:15 PM EDT
This looks really interesting. Their ideas about interface design are quite good, and the use of corners is simply genius (having a trackball myself, it's the kind of interface that is just too easy to use :) ). It looks a bit like the interfaces on touch-type screen systems that I have seen and used, and they strike me as quite easy to acquire, even for people very removed from technological fields.

This is a project to look at further. I hope all their code is under the GPL so that the good ideas can cross-polinize the community and be quickly adopted elsewhere. The corners especially are great (I must say my own desktop is organised in such a way, I packed together on all four corners the icons I use most, grouping them by themes, so you can imagine why I'm so lyric over this interface idea). If their package manager idea succeeds, it will also be a great step.

Now why use one of the most unfriendly languages to program their friendly interface...
devnet

May 16, 2005
10:23 AM EDT
I emailed the devs and they said that they will approach it the same way Fedora Red Hat does.
Tsela

May 17, 2005
12:29 AM EDT
Great! Anyway, I bookmarked the site and will check the evolution of the distro.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!