Author Content
helios

May 18, 2005
6:48 AM EDT
self-inflicted wounds...
helios

May 18, 2005
9:06 AM EDT
The above was a mispost so excuse the mistake. I do not believe Warren finds himself in a favorable position. He all but kicked valuable members of his devteam out the door in such a rude fashion as they have quit any work on Mepis. I'll say again, maybe corporate sponsorship has clouded Mr. Woodsford's vision of the GPL and his loyalties.

helios
number6x

May 18, 2005
9:21 AM EDT
That's too bad, Mepis is a very nice distro.

I like it better than Ubuntu, about on par with Libranet. (don't take this wrong Ubuntu fans, there's no reason Ubuntu can't be better in the future. Its just my opinion, and so shouldn't bother you if your opinion differs. Get more system control features together in one place and you'll make life much less complicated for many users!)

Maybe the experienced Mepis volunteers can add their talent to Ubuntu or another popular debian based distro of GNU/Linux, and give it that little extra help it needs.

At least their work is never lost and is available for use elsewhere...

Thanks GPL.
helios

May 18, 2005
11:11 AM EDT
I have spoken with Josh and he has been formally invited to join the PCLinuxOS team. This distro is light years ahead of anything else for the everyday desktop user. Even as an rpm based distro, apt/synaptic performs just as well if not better than it's debian counterparts and has all streaming and video cards enabled upon boot or hd install. This Distro Rockis! We look forward to Josh and his DevTeam contributing their genius to PCLinuxOS.

helios

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!