Comical

Story: Sun Has Words For IBM, Red HatTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
devnet

May 19, 2005
8:37 AM EDT
Where's that 'momentum' they're talking about?

I'd say it would probably be stored up as potential energy that never will be realized.

Delusions of Grandeur are a sign of mentally disturbed individuals. I wonder what they do for Delusional companies?
peragrin

May 19, 2005
8:44 AM EDT
>>Delusions of Grandeur are a sign of mentally disturbed individuals. I wonder what they do for Delusional companies?

The Delusions of Grandeur you speak of belong to Sun's management. They think they can make a propertiery version of Open Source. That's why Solaris, and Sun's Patents only deal with CDDL.

And before a Sun Fan says well the CDDL is only a modified MPL, ask your self how many people use the MPL or how many people use the GPL'ed version's of Mozilla, and Firefox.
Libervis

May 19, 2005
9:20 AM EDT
I would say that Sun is here the one "acting out of desperation". I commend them for "not giving up so easily", but hey.. alarm was kicked off long ago.. When they released OpenSolaris there was so many gruntling around the community it presumably released it to.. Where is the OpenSolaris community? Neither the proprietary software community (if such a thing exists) nor FOSS community hangs around OpenSolaris much. I'd say that the two chairs Sun is trying to sit on are already slipping. And those two chairs were her only hope.

This is the real situation presented at Solaris, either make it truly Free Software and license it under GPL, or leave the industry as a whole.. bye bye!

Daniel
richo123

May 19, 2005
12:31 PM EDT
Pretty poor spin from the Sunset Company. I would say Scott shaking Ballmer's hand is a sure sign of desperation....

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!