What are they wainting for

Story: Detroit high school happy with LinuxTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
Abe

Jun 05, 2005
6:49 AM EDT
What ticks me off is why many other schools haven't done the same? Or at least why haven't they looked into it? Schools are all about learning. If they don't keep up with things progressing, they become stale and eventually not doing what they existed for. There has been many deployment cases that showed how beneficial FOSS is and the substantial amount of funds it could save academic institutions. Many schools have been hurting for funds, why don't they look at the options available for them. What more of solid evidence do they need? Is it the IT people in these organizations being lazy or MS lackeys or is it the bureaucrats being stupid. The time to look into is now! I live in Michigan and I am doing my part by sending our new governor a letter. I think the state also will benefit greatly especially when the budget is in trouble and about to borrow 2 billion Dollars to motivate the local economies. I don't see anything better at this point than to keep the money spend on MS licensing in the state instead of going out and into MS pockets. I am sure it is in the millions.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!