Settings change or User traning

Story: Does Firefox Contain an Old Security Flaw?Total Replies: 0
Author Content
MadDogTMC

Jun 08, 2005
5:01 AM EDT
I tried out this vulnerability in FireFox on the security site as they have written. I did not get the results they described at first. Why because I used 'Tabs' instead of following through the links to open a new instance of FF. Then I noticed in smaller fonts of the instructions that this vulnerability does not work in 'tabs'. So I did as they suggested and yes it does as its stated the problem they call a vulnerability. But I thought this was a training/knowledge issue for the user. When introducing Linux to a new user, I always suggest the use of tabs because its cleaner for the user experience. Next, I thought, well turn off the open new window in FF. I am sure this can be done. I just think we are gonna see more and more articles like this of small complaints made into something it should not be.

I don't know, I am beginning to ignore more and more of this stuff because I know how good OSS is and I will never go back to a MS world.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!