Anyone using the Deer Park version of the upcoming Firefox 1.5?

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
TxtEdMacs

Aug 31, 2005
7:33 PM EDT
So far, not bad - not really a drag and drop type. However, moving the tabs around at will is a nice feature. Waiting to see if I encounter as many browser lockups as I have been seeing previously. Not convinced it's a Firefox problem. Sometimes (as earlier today) I noticed the system monitor application freeze (gkrellm) and a quick Ctrl-Alt-F1 got me into the terminal mode and upon returning to X with Ctrl-Alt-F7 everything was unfrozen. That is, I saw the CPU mini spikes moving again, etc. and had my mouse back.

In addition to the added features, Deer Park seems more responsive than 1.0.6.
TxtEdMacs

Sep 01, 2005
3:23 PM EDT
Somehow I seem to have just Deer Park running, and while it seems more stable (so far) than 1.0.6 I am seeing something odd that I want to make certain it's the browser and not the site.

Previously when I hit a story item on LXer after returning to the home page, it has a different color or cast indicating that item was looked at. Today I noticed that on several items no longer behave in this manner. It also does not matter if I hit the link at the top with the title line or the lower "read story" link. If you are certain this is a browser problem I would like to report it. Thanks.

Edit: They are green now!
TxtEdMacs

Sep 01, 2005
6:47 PM EDT
Found regular distribution of Firefox working and I see none of the strangeness mentioned above. It's Deer Park that's odd in a few respects. Nonetheless, I like it better for most sites and so far has not locked up even once.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!