Locked in Format

Story: Microsoft Blasts Massachusetts' New XML PolicyTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
Fritz

Sep 04, 2005
8:44 PM EDT
This was my favorite line from the Microsoft goon.

"As we look to the future, and all of these data types become increasingly intertwined, locked-in formats like OpenDocument"

I guess we really should stay away from locked in formats. . .

Also, could somebody please explain to me why (or for that matter, how) you would embed Voice-over-IP in a office document?

-> Fritz
TxtEdMacs

Sep 05, 2005
4:56 AM EDT
Simple!! Another route for easy intake of virus and worm entry to keep Windows interesting. Sorry closed source cannot reveal the details, but I am sure these will become known in-house for both the writers of these utilities and by those fighting those "features".
Abe

Sep 05, 2005
7:46 AM EDT
MS can't find any concrete thing against OpenDocument standard, so they mubble, lie and twist any way they can. MS is sleazy. Saying "Locked-in formats" is an outrageous lie but they say it because they know that there are people who are naive and ignorant enough and when you repeat it enough for them, they believe it. They also take the chance to spout such lies for their lackeys and hoping no one will notice.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!