OT: A similar story...

Story: Lawyers Flock to Mystery Web Site's Coverage of SCO-IBM SuitTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
cjcox

Sep 09, 2005
6:12 PM EDT
Thousands flock to local mystery retailer. "They just kept coming and coming." It is estimated that thousands of people entered a local retail Wal*Mart in search of bargains. "I can't believe we didn't think of it before.", said Barbara Miller, a shopper who has now switched way from Ben Franklin. We'll have to see if this recent trend continues. For me, I'm going to my local 5 and dime. It's just a fad.
phsolide

Sep 13, 2005
8:19 AM EDT
What a totally weird article. The reporter seems to have done extensive research and not come up with a clue about what's going on, so she fell back on good ol' "balance" to fill up some column-inches. Quoting lawyers involved is interesting, but except for the sake of "balance" why would you do that? The viewpoint the lawyers put forth will necessarily favor the lawyer's client exclusively. We already know what the lawyers will say, at least about things that involve clients.

Doing research and not surfacing with a clue concerns me more than the content of the article. The bizarre "Mystery Website" title of the article reflects the lack of clue. This reporter doesn't demonstrate understanding beyond a child-like acceptance of the magical aspects of the world wide web, or the Internet in general.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!