Oh my God... Firefox is doomed.

Story: Is IE 7 a Firefox Killer?Total Replies: 7
Author Content
mdl

Sep 15, 2005
11:48 AM EDT
At least Firefox will still have part of the Linux market.
tadelste

Sep 15, 2005
11:59 AM EDT
Perhaps Sun will eventually release Solaris and maybe it will work for them too. :
tuxchick

Sep 15, 2005
1:58 PM EDT
[cavorting madly about the stage] "Malware! Malware! Malware!"
Abe

Sep 15, 2005
3:24 PM EDT
Let's wait and see what IE 7 has to offer and how good it is. Mozilla is already ahead into the next battle. It is going to be in the area of browser based application integration and development. IE 7 hasn't touched that yet but will using .NET.

AJAX, which Java based, will be the dominant technology unless MS extends it and makes it Windows only. For any FOSS application/tool/techonolgy to win, it will have to be all or nothing FOSS win.
cjcox

Sep 15, 2005
3:28 PM EDT
Not Java, but Javascript based right?

Java is not Javascript.

Just like a Sun Java Workstation doesn't need Java to run.

Just like Sun Java isn't a cup of coffee at Sun Microsystems.

I used to like the term java... but now its a Sun brand for everything... well... everything under the Sun!
Abe

Sep 15, 2005
5:12 PM EDT
Yes, I meant JavaScript.
tadelste

Sep 15, 2005
6:48 PM EDT
Did you hear that IE 7 was first a virus written by a hacker in Finland and in the process of identifying it, they decided to turn the code into a browser? The author is 13 years old and his family now lives in Seattle.
Kagehi

Sep 15, 2005
8:11 PM EDT
Notice that the one thing that is 'never' mentioned about this is "standards complience". Its just another bells and whistles update, designed to fix the idiotic things they missed in the interface, while providing what is completely substandard and far more non-complient and buggy than any other browser in existence, with the possible exception of those who are pure text based and can't comply with anything in anyway.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!