sbergman27

Sep 21, 2005
11:23 AM EDT
Just a reminder of who CAGW really is.

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/871631
tadelste

Sep 21, 2005
12:26 PM EDT
sbergman27: Your reference is important. But, the stats say people on this site don't like to click on links. Under the Fair Use Clause, I'd like to point out a couple of paragraphs:

Microsoft Supported by Dead People By Thor Olavsrud Apparently the dead are fed up with the government's antitrust case against Microsoft Corp. According to a report in the Los Angeles Times Thursday morning, letters purportedly written by at least two dead people have made their way onto the desk of Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff. The letters asked Shurtleff to go easy on the company.

According to the article, the letters, along with those of 400 Utah citizens, are part of a nationwide "grassroots" campaign orchestrated by pro-Microsoft groups Americans for Technology Leadership (ATL) and Citizens Against Government Waste. The groups receive some funding from Microsoft but won't disclose how much.
sbergman27

Sep 21, 2005
12:32 PM EDT
Good point. Gotta love it, though. Letters from concerned citizens who are six feet under certainly puts a new spin on the term "grass roots" campaign.
tadelste

Sep 21, 2005
12:39 PM EDT
I put your link on the front page, BTW. 8-)
dinotrac

Sep 21, 2005
1:40 PM EDT
Tom, Steve:

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that you would cast such aspersions on the free and democratic participation of deceased Americans in the civic affairs that so many of us talk about, but so often ignore.

Why, here in Chicagoland, I don't think we could so much as conduct an election for dog-catcher with the participation of our dead fellow citizens.

Shame on you both.
dinotrac

Sep 21, 2005
1:41 PM EDT
Oops...

That is, we couldn't conduct an election WITHOUT our dead friends.
tadelste

Sep 21, 2005
1:43 PM EDT
If the shoe fits, wear it.
Koriel

Sep 22, 2005
2:16 AM EDT
Apparently CAGW have their own chat group on the undernet irc servers but i wouldn't bother with it, its usually pretty dead in there :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!