busted

Story: Foxnews: You may have lost Linux users as an audienceTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
ubuntu4all

Oct 01, 2005
6:48 AM EDT
"The column "Massachusetts Should Close Down OpenDocument" that appeared on FOXnews.com Sept. 28 identified author James Prendergast as executive director of Americans for Technology Leadership, but failed to disclose that Microsoft is a founding member of that organization." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170916,00.html
tadelste

Oct 01, 2005
6:50 AM EDT
Or that Citizens Against Government Waste was also a member. Or than dead people support Microsoft.
dinotrac

Oct 01, 2005
6:58 AM EDT
Tom --

I know I've told you this before:

We must not disrespect the wishes of our dead people. It's the Chicago way.
tadelste

Oct 01, 2005
8:28 AM EDT
Dino --

Didn't you once live in Texas?

We respect dead voters rights. I was a long time ago, by it got Lyndon JOhnson elected to the Senate.

;D

Kagehi

Oct 01, 2005
11:34 AM EDT
Simple truth is, "The No Spin Zone", is more accurately described as, "We spin so fast that the strobe light we use to pick BS (Ooops! 'Facts') to report makes it looks like we are standing still." lol
dinotrac

Oct 01, 2005
12:06 PM EDT
Tom -

Yesirree Bob, Tom.

Lived in Texas, met my beautiful wife was born there and so was my oldest daughter.

My respect for dead Chicagoans was never meant to imply that dead Texans don't also do their civic duty!
tadelste

Oct 02, 2005
7:12 AM EDT
Kagehi: It seems to work. Right?

Dino: Thanks for bringing that thought to closure :D
phsolide

Oct 03, 2005
5:23 AM EDT
My favorite LBJ quote:

"Never get caught sleeping with a live pig or a dead woman."

Long ago and far away, my Boy Scout Scoutmaster was very bitter about Johnson, and that was at least 10 years after Johnson left office. I remember being shocked by the force of emotion in his voice about a president I barely remembered.
tadelste

Oct 03, 2005
6:19 AM EDT
phsolide: Johnson set in motion events that divided the US, its allies, families and essentially trust in every area of government. He betrayed the American people and enslaved people to fight in a police action while setting up an elaborate system where the middle class could avoid service in the military and the well connected could join the reserves and avoid harm's way. I can understand your Scoutmaster's emotion, it touched everyone. Imagine a group of students in the US protesting the war and being shot to death: Kent State. Only one of many events you can assign to LBJ.
TxtEdMacs

Oct 03, 2005
6:41 AM EDT
tadelste - the emotions are correct, but the assignment of blame is not completely correct. Kent State was in 1970, I believe, and LBJ was not the president. [To be fair, LBJ knew too well that Viet Nam was to be a disaster (audio recordings), but felt trapped. Though he was a smart politician he inherited the brains of the Kennedy administration, which only the Kennedys knew how to ignore their dumb advice.]
SFN

Oct 03, 2005
7:04 AM EDT
*tap, tap*

Linux.

Remember?
tadelste

Oct 03, 2005
8:22 AM EDT
It all relates to Linux. LBJ alienated a generation, they became hippies who gave birth to Linus who wrote the kernel. If it was for the communes and the pop festivals, no one would have know how to organize on-line communities.

:D
SFN

Oct 03, 2005
8:30 AM EDT
Well then let's bring back the Free Love part of this revolution. (that's "free" as in speech)

(well, OR beer)
tadelste

Oct 03, 2005
12:23 PM EDT
I think a virus (STD) stopped the Master and Johnson royalty revenue stream.

Which doesn't have much to do with Linux.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!