Stories like these

Story: Web cafes gripe on computer softwareTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
salparadise

Oct 02, 2005
3:58 AM EDT
should be posted everywhere on all the major Western news channels so everybody can see just how much "all round nice folks" Mr. Gates and his legal department really are.

Like all bullies they go for the people who have least chance of being heard or defending themselves.

We barely need an OS superior to Windows in order to compete with M$, just have a company that doesn't treat people like turds.

It makes me smile, all these foolish men who call themselves great, running hither and yon trying to "make a name for themselves so all history remembers them". History will remember you alright - as extortioners and liars and dissemblers. Sellers of junk. Men of shame. Akin to snake oil salesmen.

tadelste

Oct 02, 2005
7:07 AM EDT
sal: ditto.
sbergman27

Oct 02, 2005
11:19 AM EDT
Wait a minute. This story basically says that a rumor circulated in the Phillipines that internet cafes there were going to be raided, and that in response some internet cafes closed down temporarily.

It is randomly thrown in that some internet cafes have switched to the "super user-unfriendly" Linux operating system. It is also randomly claimed by "Ronald Valdehuesa", whoever he is, that the government agencies are even bigger pirates of Microsoft software than internet cafes are.

Also in the story "NBI-10 regional director Virgilio Mendez" says no such raids are planned.

And that's about it.

I don't see why this article should be given any higher a profile than it already has been given.

It leaves me scratching my head and wondering why it was even posted here.

But, if you liked that story, you might like this one, as well:

http://www.edsanders.com/chickenlittle/
TxtEdMacs

Oct 02, 2005
12:34 PM EDT
abergman27 - while I would never utter such words, your link could be described as a "chicken s**t" story. However, as you observed it's Just like the original, while short it was not worth the time even to finish reading. It all leaves me perplexed, but that's my standard condition.
sbergman27

Oct 02, 2005
12:56 PM EDT
Actually, the version of "CL" that I linked to is not exactly the standard version. The ending is different than the rather gruesome one I remember from my childhood. ;-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!