how much peyote is in the wild?

Story: JBoss Accused of Monopolistic PracticesTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
tuxchick

Oct 08, 2005
6:47 PM EDT
Is it me, or does this guy sound like Jeff Merkey?
jamesstansell

Oct 08, 2005
8:59 PM EDT
It's probably just you. Oberg has been a big contributor to JBoss and overall seems much more reasonable than Fleury. It's very curious to me how Mark can repeatedly drive away some of his best contributors and yet continue to remain "market leader". It seems likely to me that JBoss will implode before very long.

I am aware of 2 implementations of JBoss, and both of them chose it just because it had more publicity than the alternatives. Neither uses anything specific to it, nor has support contracts for it. The one I'm closest to continues to run a very old version because it still meets their needs. But when it does come time to upgrade the application or to resolve some issue with the old JBoss version, the alternatives like JOnAS or Geronimo will likely work as well and be more attractive to invest our efforts in.
dinotrac

Oct 09, 2005
7:30 AM EDT
tuxchick -

I don't know how much peyote is out in the wild, but this guy's article makes me think there used to be much more.

Lesseeeeeeee......

Trademarks are used to identify the source of a good or service and trademark owners are not merely allowed to defend their trademarks, they are OBLIGATED to do so. Otherwise, the trademark can be lost, unlike copyrights and patents.

As to copyrights, it's smart to put copyright notices in code, but it isn't required. Ownership of copyrights is determined by authorship and assignment. Code authors own the copyrights unless they are employees working in the course of their employment or explicitly assign the copyrights away. A contract's assignment clause is sufficient to assign the rights.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!