This is silly

Story: GlobalLiteracy Offers eLearning Course Based on "Penguin in the Pew" 2.0Total Replies: 10
Author Content
devnet

Oct 11, 2005
5:14 PM EDT
Too bad there is a charge for buying it the "book"

I'd write a tutorial for churches and give it out for free...afterall, the information is all available on the net...I'd hate to make a buck off of churches...it seems devious.
tadelste

Oct 11, 2005
5:47 PM EDT
I don't understand why you have a problem with this.

Devious seems like a fairly strong reaction.

dinotrac

Oct 11, 2005
6:29 PM EDT
dino -

More than strong, devious seems like a fairly wrong reaction.

Even if you don't think they should charge for the service, it's not as if they're keeping the charge a secret until it's too late to back out.

Even church people gotta eat
tuxchick

Oct 11, 2005
7:14 PM EDT
I'd charge 'em double. Maybe even threeple.

signed, very bad attitude towards religions
tadelste

Oct 11, 2005
8:30 PM EDT
Come on, can't we all just be friends? - Rodney King May, 1992 Los Angeles
jabby

Oct 12, 2005
5:31 AM EDT
Nothing wrong with charging for your services, especially if you're helping someone get out of the proprietary (evil) software upgrade treadmill.

I don't like religion either, but we're stuck with it at least for the next few millenia. While that's the case, we might as well at least get them using FOSS.
PaulFerris

Oct 12, 2005
7:20 AM EDT
tuxchick: I agree with your fear. Those EMACS fanatics can be a real pain in the pew.
dinotrac

Oct 12, 2005
7:36 AM EDT
Paul --

Your bias and bigotry betray you. What could be worse than the threat of terrorist attacks from vi-ist fundamentalists? It's bad enough that you'd be victimized, but the credit-taking decrees would employ so few keystrokes that you'd never figure them out.
PaulFerris

Oct 12, 2005
8:31 AM EDT
Dino, when are you going to [esc]:q!

?!?

I can't take it much more. I'm going to [esc]:w the editor and request that your posting rights be [esc]: ! rm /dev/dino

Don't push me over the edge here.

--FeriCyde

dinotrac

Oct 12, 2005
8:50 AM EDT
Quoting:Don't push me over the edge here.

Paulie, I'm afraid someone's beat me to it.

[esc] ZZ (top)
tuxchick

Oct 12, 2005
9:11 AM EDT
Now go out and get yourself some big black frames With the glass so dark thay won't even know your name And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes: Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!