pushed back slightly

Story: OpenOffice celebrates anniversary by squashing bugTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
bstadil

Oct 13, 2005
5:44 PM EDT
That's the phrase we should have used earlier.
dinotrac

Oct 13, 2005
6:12 PM EDT
bstadil -

Pushed back slightly, delayed, what's the diff, UNLESS...

You really can't stand plain truth.

Note --

There is still no definite release date. The next release candidate is due tomorrow, and, if no serious problems are found 2.0 could be released next week.

We all know it's just around the corner, whether it comes next week, the week after, or even the week after that.

It's been delayed. Big deal. Things get delayed all the time. No need to be squeamish or defensive about the fact.

r_a_trip

Oct 14, 2005
3:56 AM EDT
Better delayed for bugfixing, than delayed for feature scrapping...
sharkscott

Oct 14, 2005
6:43 AM EDT
I am a patient bear... I agree with r_a_trip, I am more than willing to wait a week or two for 2.0. Think about it though, if it was M$, they would have scrapped anything new and good in the "new" version and still not have fixed jack. I have been using OOo for about 2 years(version 1.9xx for about six months) and my instructors at ASU have never been able to tell the difference. When 2.0 comes out, it will be just that much better :)
DrDubious

Oct 14, 2005
8:55 AM EDT
Or better still, why wait? The 2.0 release candidates (and the previous betas for the last few montsh) are working quite well for me already. The 2.0 release for me will just be a formality.

It often amuses me how the quality of "pre-beta" open source software seems to often rival initial "official" releases of proprietary products...
dinotrac

Oct 14, 2005
9:08 AM EDT
DrDubious:

Agreed, for those of us not trying to deploy the software in a corporate setting. I've been using 1.9xxx happily for some time.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!